• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Swarovski 8.5x42 purchase (1 Viewer)

nodd

Neil
That’s a good deal you have there. I bought my 8.5 x 42 just before the launch of the NL. Not such a bargain price wise but was happy to pay what I did at the time, for a stunning top of the line binocular. I love and use the close focus. I hope your binoculars bring you as much viewing pleasure as mine do.

JoeRawles

Feathers Wild Bird Care
Just out of interest, have you been reassured by whoever you purchased from that they are the close focus model? If so you have definitely got a steal - we've had "new" ELs for about 4 months now.

Paskman

Supporter
Just out of interest, have you been reassured by whoever you purchased from that they are the close focus model? If so you have definitely got a steal - we've had "new" ELs for about 4 months now.
Yes I made sure before I bought it. Will be somewhat disappointed if it isn't

Paskman

Supporter
This is the second thread where not all of my original post has gone on line. Strange

cycleguy

I'm in the same shoes, picked up an EL 8.5x42 (Field Pro not Legend) with the shorter close focus this past week at a local big box outdoor sports retailer here in the US. I was a little surprised as I thought these were gone. One Field Pro unit showed up at each of the store locations over the last couple of weeks; and are now sold out at each location - so they didn't last long. The serial on my unit starts out K87.......

Was out back this a.m. with them in sunny mild winter conditions observing in a big oak: Downy Woodpecker ?, Northern Flicker, Common House Sparrow, Colorado Chickadee, and Red Squirrel ... the views through this binocular are absolutely beautiful.

CG

JoeRawles

Feathers Wild Bird Care
A serial number starting with K87 means it was from 2017, so that's very surprising! A good deal though for sure.

cycleguy

A serial number starting with K87 means it was from 2017, so that's very surprising! A good deal though for sure.

It would be interesting to know their journey (w/ timeframe) from manufacture to the day they ended up in my hands.

CG

Users who are viewing this thread