• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8x25 CL vs Zeiss 8x25 Victory Pocket (1 Viewer)

I recently picked up a mint 8x25 CL Pocket, I generally don`t like a smaller than 4mm ep but I wanted a binocular that would easily fit a jacket pocket to use anywhere, I simply haven`t had a chance to try a Victory and have no idea if it would work for me, however as I had tried the CL many times I knew it would be ok.

Anyway I am day off work today and had to take my (shielding) brothers car to our Plymouth dealership for its first year check over, needed for its warranty, and as I knew I`d have to wait outside the building I took my CL`s along and walked a short distance to the river Plym along embankment road, this was the first chance I`ve had to look at this type of habitat in 12 months, the little CL`s were superb easily allowing clear views of distant Waders and Gulls, I`m very happy to get this level of performance in such a compact package, honestly I wouldn`t have taken my larger bins today and would have missed out on the first Redshank, Oystercatcher Little Egret I`ve seen since last January.

I only needed to walk a few hundred meters from the dealership to the river and the roar of traffic on the A38 was deafening but the mental lift I got from a chance to watch some Waders after 12 months was fantastic :).

Back to work tomorrow and heaven knows when the next chance will come, but the little CL`s are just brilliant.

I recently picked up a mint 8x25 CL Pocket, I generally don`t like a smaller than 4mm ep but I wanted a binocular that would easily fit a jacket pocket to use anywhere, I simply haven`t had a chance to try a Victory and have no idea if it would work for me, however as I had tried the CL many times I knew it would be ok.

Anyway I am day off work today and had to take my (shielding) brothers car to our Plymouth dealership for its first year check over, needed for its warranty, and as I knew I`d have to wait outside the building I took my CL`s along and walked a short distance to the river Plym along embankment road, this was the first chance I`ve had to look at this type of habitat in 12 months, the little CL`s were superb easily allowing clear views of distant Waders and Gulls, I`m very happy to get this level of performance in such a compact package, honestly I wouldn`t have taken my larger bins today and would have missed out on the first Redshank, Oystercatcher Little Egret I`ve seen since last January.

I only needed to walk a few hundred meters from the dealership to the river and the roar of traffic on the A38 was deafening but the mental lift I got from a chance to watch some Waders after 12 months was fantastic :).

Back to work tomorrow and heaven knows when the next chance will come, but the little CL`s are just brilliant.

Completed agree these are superb binoculars

I have the Zeiss as well as the Ultravid 8x20 and Trinovid 8x32.
I've found that the Zeiss are the best compromise: they are comfortable to use, excellent view and they fit very well into my coat pockets. I've added a rainguard and objective covers so I do not use any pouch keeping the size smaller and the access faster.

It is a matter of preference but for me, the comfort of the bigger exit pupil of a 8x25 is important.
Agree with this, I own the victory 8x25 and a Victory 8x20, and 8x20 it too small (I have average hands). The 8x25 is also sharper and brighter, but also bigger and newer, so that is to be expected.

I've had both and have since sold the Zeiss Victory. the ergonomics on the Zeiss binoculars body was much better than the Swaro given the single hinge, however as others have noted, if found the eye placement and eye relief quite sensitive. I had to hold the bins off my face by a mm or so to get the best view without blackouts or kidney bean effect.

By contrast the Swaro's are extremely comfortable to look through for a pocket binocular...

My pick of the two would be the Swaro's even through my normal binos are a 8x30.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back