• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8x30 SLC WB Mark III still worth getting? (1 Viewer)

pyrrhula

Austria
On the search for a new pair of mid price range compact 8x binoculars I stumbled across an offer for unused originally packaged Swarovski SLC WB Mark III binoculars at what I found a really good price. I was going to buy new up to date 350-500€ binoculars but now I'm not so sure anymore because I found these... I read this article on them and to me it sounds like they would still make for a nice pair of binoculars: Swarovski 8x30 SLC WB Review

So my questions are: Are they still worth it today or are they outdated? What is an ok price for them in new condition?

Last edited:
pyrrhula, post 1,
My answer to your question is: yes this is still a very good binocular, I have investigated it some years ago (test data on the WEB-site of House of Outdoor) and I have used it with great pleasure for quite some time.
Gijs van Ginkel

pyrrhula post 3,
600 euro looks to me as a steep price, but if it is in new condition and you can negotiate about the price it seems allright to me.
Gijs van Ginkel

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back