• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski ATM-80 Digiscoping Camera / Adapter Help - (going mad) (1 Viewer)

8bitBarry

Hello all,

I have a Swarovski ATM-80, 20-60x eyepiece. I need to cut through to a clear answer as I am going insane / round and round trying to find a digiscope setup that works...

I went and tried out both the full frame / APS-C Swarovski TLS APO adapters and I was less than impressed, using a Canon 5D4 / 80D respectively at Clifton Cameras. Both were very mushy anywhere except the middle of the image, and being so expensive I abandoned the approach entirely.

I bought myself a PhoneSkope to use with my iPhone 8Plus, but although the adapter collar fits, the phone sags due to its weight, causing vignetting. Also, it's a phone, so the quality just isnt there. I even tried shooting in RAW and exporting to my computer, but its seriously lacking.

What should I do? I just want a setup that takes me to a decent quality. I am not expecting 500mm lens DSLR / quality, but I have seen so many good digiscoping images and I am no where near.

What would you recommend for the best quality?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back