• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski ATS 80 HD Clones? (2 Viewers)

No they are not clones...I have had both etc... Both are excellent... I found the focus helical to by my spotting scope style so these two obviously fit the bill. The Swaro to me feels a bit smaller than the Meopta. The Swarovski has a bit easier wheel although the Meopta has no issues, it is just their product. I believe the eye -pieces are different as the ATS is either 20-60 or 25-50... ..while the Meopta has some rather lengthier zooms.

At the moment I have the Swaro just because of my digiscoping needs and Swaro is better in regards to that. Otherwise, excellent are both.

The MeoPro scope illustrated is Meopta's entry-level scope and is the successor to the MeoStar S1.
AFIK the 20-60x zoom eyepiece is not detachable.
The 82 mm MeoStar S2 scopes are available as straight or angled versions and come with either a 20-70x zoom or a 30-60x wide-angle zoom eyepiece. As others here would confirm, the S2 scopes are truly excellent and very competitively priced.

John

The MeoPro scope illustrated is Meopta's entry-level scope and is the successor to the MeoStar S1.
AFIK the 20-60x zoom eyepiece is not detachable.
The 82 mm MeoStar S2 scopes are available as straight or angled versions and come with either a 20-70x zoom or a 30-60x wide-angle zoom eyepiece. As others here would confirm, the S2 scopes are truly excellent and very competitively priced.

John

If I was going to buy another scope...I would purchase the Meostar S2... A Swarovski is nice, no doubt...but just too expensive for what your really get from it. The S2, is just as good if not better....

Based on the picture, I'd bet anything it's a Zeiss Gavia Vortex Razor HD clone, all of which I believe are produced by Kamakura. They can be customized within a certain range of options, but all are more or less the same scope.

I have a Gavia and it's very good. My sister is a die-hard Swaro ATS 80 owner. Nobody will believe this, but I've compared them side-by-side, and the difference in resolution and detaul even at high magnification is almost imperceptible. In fact, I think mine is slightly better in some instances. On one occasion when we had them side-by-side spotting Bald Eagle's at roughly a mile, I could see them better with the Gavia. What's even more amazing is that my sister said the same thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back