• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski NL Pure 10x42 Are there supply issues? (1 Viewer)

I don't currently own a pair of binoculars but have traded in some camera kit and put the spoils toward a pair of Swarovski NL Pure 10x42
I ordered these 2 months ago from a popular camera shop but still nothing in stock.
Having mailed Swarovski directly to see how long I might have to wait their answer was simply "we don't know"

Do I wait for these or buy something older and less expensive or do I hold out and wait goodness knows how long?

Maybe someone out there has some information.

These have been coming in on a fairly regular basis. If the shop you ordered it from placed the order the day you purchased it will be a while. If they have in place orders they should be getting steady deliveries every few weeks

Hi,

Unfortunately due to Brexit there are currently serious delays with goods coming into the UK from Europe.

I presume that Swarovski stock is coming via UPS as this seems to be the transport method that most companies use. UPS are having big problems with shipments coming to the UK. I have a parcel of spare parts on the way to me which has been sitting in a UPS warehouse at Stanstead airport for 3 weeks "waiting for customs clearance".

I heard yesterday of a camera dealer whose parcel has been held since the middle of January !!!!

Gary

Last edited:
Hi,

Unfortunately due to Brexit there are currently serious delays with goods coming into the UK from Europe.

I presume that Swarovski stock is coming via UPS as this seems to be the transport method that most companies use. UPS are having big problems with shipments coming to the UK. I have a parcel of spare parts on the way to me which has been sitting in a UPS warehouse at Stanstead airport for 3 weeks "waiting of customs clearance".

I heard yesterday of a camera dealer whose parcel has been held since the middle of January !!!!

Gary
Thanks Gary,
Maybe they should use a different carrier. I ordered a new Tripod head from Hungary on a Sunday night three weeks ago and it was delivered to my door by DHL on the following Tuesday at lunch time.

The NL 10x42 seem to be in stock at most places I shop in the US. It is always a good idea to check if the seller actually has the binocular on the shelf before ordering.

Jan,

Is the demand for the 12X42 as high as the other formats (8&10)?

Andy W.
Hi Andy,

12x comes first by far. I would say it takes 60%, followed by the 10x at 30% and 8x with 10%.
Headrest is sold on almost every model because people just experience the difference.
FWIW, everybody wonders why it doesn't come within the package and with everybody I mean 99% of all customers.
100% of the buyers leave the shop with mixed feelings with their NL because all feel a bit disappointed to have to pay round 2.900,00 euro for their bin and have to pay 130,00 euro extra for something they feel that is a part of the bin.
Swarovski throws tons of money into the "we improve the best" marketing strategy but in this particular case the customer feels........stolen, so I would say it is counter productive.

Having said all this, sales figures of the the NLPure is one steep line uphill and demand is bigger compared to production.

Jan

Jan that is surprising that the 12X42 is the highest seller, or perhaps most users already have a 8 or 10X42 in the stable and the 12X50 is too obtuse for many.

Jan that is surprising that the 12X42 is the highest seller, or perhaps most users already have a 8 or 10X42 in the stable and the 12X50 is too obtuse for many.
For me that's hard to say. We flipped from safari (no travels anymore since march 2020, sigh....) to the birders and they seem, at least down here, to have a preference for the 10x and now there is a 12x with the stability of a 10x, their choice is made. We trade a lot of FL10x and Dialyt classic 10x40 for the 12xNLPure. A lot of owners have a pocket and a full size. Others use a 32 and stay with it.

Jan

After my first flush of enthusiasm upon trying an NL (which happened to be 8x) I find myself struggling with the question which model I'd want, what I'd want it for compared to (in addition to? replacing?) existing bins. Do I need the 8x? Not really, especially if I can get a typical 8x's FOV in 10x. Do I need a 10x with that FOV? It makes a lot of sense, but "need" is doubtful. So what could NL do for me that's really new... how about 12x in a nice small package? I can see why it would be popular, though even that isn't a slam-dunk for me because I already use the 15x56, and am quite used to its bulk by now.

I do have a headrest question though. Those who have/use it, does it seem equally helpful for quick or fleeting views vs sustained observation?

Last edited:
In the end for me it is the EP and the depth of field with the 8X and I just enjoy a 5mm EP. I will do with 4 as the minimum, but much prefer 5. I enjoy a lot of low light viewing and have all the glass I need for that. I was just surprised that the 12X sold more than the other two.

Andy W.

I have decided to stand fast, since I dumped my 10X42s and now use 8X32.

The NL is about the same weight as what I got rid of, so it wouldn't be a very wise purchase for me.

Even if they release an 8X32, I don't intend to bite.

(alas)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back