• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski sales delays (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfbirder

Hi

Since April I have ordered an ATS65HD from a reputed dealer in the UK. 2 months on I still have no delivery date.

I know this is not a new model but they do produce these. What is going on at Swarovski? Feel like cancelling the order and getting an alternative.

The fault is not with the dealer it’s with Swarovski. Is this length of delay without any update normal ?

Went to my local Swaro dealer the other day to check out some binos and he also mentioned long lead times on eyepiece units for spotting scopes - said they were holding a number of 95 and 115mm objectives for customers as they couldn’t get angled ATX eyepieces and BTX units…. Im in Australia so looks like there may be some global delays on certain Items…..

I can sympathise with your frustration. Why not try mailing Swarovski in Absam directly?
My 11 year-old ATM65 HD (same scope with magnesium alloy housing) is truly excellent and I don't know of anything in this size category that could compete, except perhaps an ATX65. That however is too heavy and expensive.
If you could tolerate a little more weight, the Meopta S2 would be a brighter scope at the higher magnifications for a similar outlay.

John

If you could tolerate a little more weight, the Meopta S2 would be a brighter scope at the higher magnifications for a similar outlay.
Be sure any Meopta you order is actually in stock. We're still using a substitute for the eyepiece ordered with our scope in January 2021.

I wanted an ATS65HD because it is light and as I approach 60 I struggled to carry my Kowa 883 any distance, and unfortunately the result of this was that it fell over and broke.

I know an ATS65 is an older model but they do still produce them, to be honest I have been scope-less for 3 months now. I am thinking of cancelling and getting the Kowa repaired instead (cost is a mighty £700). Really disappointed with this Swarovski delay.

I wanted an ATS65HD because it is light and as I approach 60 I struggled to carry my Kowa 883 any distance, and unfortunately the result of this was that it fell over and broke.

I know an ATS65 is an older model but they do still produce them, to be honest I have been scope-less for 3 months now. I am thinking of cancelling and getting the Kowa repaired instead (cost is a mighty £700). Really disappointed with this Swarovski delay.
Why not cancel the order and buy it fom one of the dealers that have it in stock? Birders-Store and Uttings both show it in stock, both reputable dealers...

Probably same delay on production sources/materials, and shortage of labour, as everywhere currently.

A front door was ordered for my house in April/May, will arrive around Christmas, lol

You could always mail Swaro hq to just ask. Nicely asked is nicely answered.

Why not cancel the order and buy it fom one of the dealers that have it in stock? Birders-Store and Uttings both show it in stock, both reputable dealers...
Yeah I noticed that, thanks for the heads up - unfortunately tho I used Clifton Cameras who unlike the others (to my knowledge at least), allow part-deposit / part finance, so I did a 50-50 split so have agreed a finance agreement as part of it which is already in place with my 1st payment due 1/7. Clifton do say on their website that orders may be delayed more than 7 days due to after effects of Covid, but subsequent to my order on 24th April, and still not even having any idea of a delivery date, I think it is poor. I am not blaming Clifton Cameras though, they've clearly submitted the order, I'm just surprised at the poor sales service from Swarovski.

Approaching 60....Your just a sprog man. I am 74 and carry an Opticron ES 100 on an alloy 055 tripod up these Cornish hills.......Man up😳

Hi

Since April I have ordered an ATS65HD from a reputed dealer in the UK. 2 months on I still have no delivery date.

I know this is not a new model but they do produce these. What is going on at Swarovski? Feel like cancelling the order and getting an alternative.

The fault is not with the dealer it’s with Swarovski. Is this length of delay without any update normal ?

2 months? 8 weeks... Waiting for a slice of birding history .... Yeah, I would seriously hold on until you got your 65HD. A treasure of a scope. Well worth waiting for.

Just heard today it should be delivered in September!

Offered me the ATX65 (probably have to pay more) as an alternative, but I believe its heavier and bigger?

I know I'm 59 but I suffer from angina, so weight is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back