• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sweetwater Wetlands - Tucson (1 Viewer)

Punkus

United States
Went to Tucson for a birding holiday and found a local favorite - The Sweetwater Wetlands park is a great place for birding and wildlife. Bobcats are seen there regularly! Part of The Tucson reclaimed water project, there are multiple ponds and trails, with great viewing areas. We were there in April and found lots of birds. Cinnamon Teal, Common Gallinule, Northern Shoveler, Sora, Black-crowned Night-Heron, Snowy Egret, Pied-billed Grebe, Green Heron, Ruddy Duck and others!

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0062.jpg
    17.4 MB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0085.jpg
    DSC_0085.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0230.jpg
    14.4 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0241.jpg
    DSC_0241.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_9747.jpg
    DSC_9747.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_9767.jpg
    DSC_9767.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_9771.jpg
    DSC_9771.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 5
Very nice photos. This is one of my favorite spots in the Tucson area.

I've been there a few times, none recently, and can vouch that it's a great birding spot. I think I got my lifer Harris's Hawk there

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back