• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Audubon H.R. 8.5 x 44 with serial number 833659 (Japan) (1 Viewer)

Hullieman

Hello,

I have the above mentioned binoculairs. I would like to have some more information about the quality of these binoculairs and to what extend these are waterresistant/waterproof, in other words can they be used in wet weather conditions?

Kind regards,

Jan, the Netherlands

Attachments

• IMG_20210120_080242.jpg
    IMG_20210120_080242.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210120_080304.jpg
    IMG_20210120_080304.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210120_080323.jpg
    IMG_20210120_080323.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi Jan and welcome.

I don't think that the binocular is waterproof, but it might be O.K. if shielded from rain.

It seems to be from 1983.

They are quite robust.

I have a similar one but with different markings.
I think the U.K., Europe and U.S. had different importers.

There is a Jan at House of Outdoors.

Regards,
B.

Thank you for your reply.
Hi Jan

I have an identical pair which I think Binastro is correct with 1983, I have an earlier pair with a Blue Riband which if I remember I bought in the early seventies.
They are great quality with close focus but I did get the Blue Riband ones very wet and they took a while to dry up inside but that was the only time in many years of use. In fact I still use them with the tripod mount for an extra pair when sea watching.

best regards
Merlin

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back