• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Grand Prix Mk1 8x40 (1 Viewer)

Gray C

Grumpy old bugger
United Kingdom
Years ago I was given a pair of these. I don't use them very often but they are a perfectly adequate pair of binoculars

Does anyone else have similar and what are your thoughts?

Hi, there.
I've got a pair in my collection.
They're quite nice albeit from the mid-of-the-line Swift range. Don't get me wrong - the view is great it's just that Swift has much sharper binoculars in the BCF and SCF ranges (not even talking about the Audubon)

Herewith some pics. Cheers from Bulgaria

Attachments

• IMG_5908.jpg
    IMG_5908.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5889.jpg
    IMG_5889.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5914.jpg
    IMG_5914.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi, there.
I've got a pair in my collection.
They're quite nice albeit from the mid-of-the-line Swift range. Don't get me wrong - the view is great it's just that Swift has much sharper binoculars in the BCF and SCF ranges (not even talking about the Audubon)

Herewith some pics. Cheers from Bulgaria

They don't compete with my Swaros or even my Hawke Frontier ED X but for free I think they are quite good

Welcome by the way.

Last edited:
They don't compete with my Swaros or even my Hawke Frontier ED X but for free I think they are quite good

Welcome by the way.

Hello and thanks.
Indeed this model cannot compete with those. The Audubon HR/5 line however can :)
As you know binoculars have a wide variety of characteristics :)
Sharing some examples of the original Audubon and the HR/5. I do have the Audubon HR/5 10x50 as well but it is not pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_6393_1.resized.jpg
    IMG_6393_1.resized.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6400_1.resized.jpg
    IMG_6400_1.resized.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6346_1.resized.jpg
    IMG_6346_1.resized.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6367_1.resized.jpg
    IMG_6367_1.resized.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 19
A very nice collection you have there

I'd be interested in looking through some of the finer Swifts and Audubon sometime

I found the optics good, but the close focus was not that brilliant, especially observing birds and butterflies. My 8x30 Jena's focus closer than these. But I have heard that the Audubon's are very good.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back