• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Switzerland 2022…and all that Jazz! (1 Viewer)

Other Goodies around:
  • Common Rosefinches in Hospethal
  • Glossy Ibis in Klingnauersee
  • Bee eaters in Birriweiher
  • Rosy Starling in Meiringen
  • Fan tailed Warbler in Krummi
It gets Better and Better

Several Griffon Vultures seen in SG and BE area. At this time of the year, its a good opportunity to see them around the Juan Pass.
Other years I have seen Black Vultures also at that location.
Several more Common Rosefinch reportedin VD -this is my target bird next week.

At Stille Ruess with Mike Montier from Mallorca( see blog).
Quite Quiet …Black Kites, Red Kites, Kestrels, Common Buzzards, White Storks, Reed Warbers, Lapwings and a Stonking view of Golden Oriole.
Red Darters, 4 Spotted Chasers, and Damonsielle Dragonflies.
Weather was wonderful.
Awesome place

Agreed Stille Reuss and Flachsee are nice, among my favorite spots locally, and a nice outing by bike. Various friends and I here have differing opinions about the local sites but (my opinion of course) none of them are anything to get excited about, bird-wise, so I find myself gravitating to the places that are pretty, less crowded, and don't leave you birding next to a major road. Thus Stille Reuss and Flachsee, Pfäffikersee, Rapperswil / Jona, and Bachenbülacher Allmend have sort of become my favorites. I am less enthralled with Nieracherried (so much traffic zooming past and only a small part of it is enjoyable to bird) or Kaltbrunner Ried. Embarrassingly I've yet to make it to Nuoloner Ried!

A great visit to Glaubenberg With Mike.
Still quiet for birds On a very pleasent day.
Several Black and Red Kites, Common Buzzards, Coal tits, Willow tits, Water Pipits, Spotted Nutcracker and Mistle thrushes seen.
The highlight were 3 to 4 Citril Finches.
Many Tortoiseshell, Peacock, Meadow Browns, and Pearled Bordered Fritillary Butterflies were noted.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back