• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sydney - Centennial or Botanical? (1 Viewer)

Keebs

If I fire off enough shots, maybe just one of 'em
Last-minute off-chance question...

Got a day off here on Wednesday 18th before I go home - any local up-to-date opinion on which for a photographing trip?

I'm leaning towards Centennial because I've been before, 8 years ago and will probably remember some good spots within, but I've just noticed the Botanical gardens are little closer (distance not an issue though) and had not considered them.
Centennial is bigger too, so more chances? Are the flying foxes still there?

Only 1 camera battery, so probably 7 hours-ish from early morning :t:

Last edited:
Centennial would be your best bet, more species diversity and much better for photography. Flying foxes should still be there and sometimes there are Black flying foxes as well. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks Rob, had time for a short recce at the Botanical gardens this morning and it's nice enough but Centennial has a lot more :t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back