• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sywell coutry park - northamptonshire (1 Viewer)

lark o'dell

today the local patch tommrow the world
i decided to visit sywell country park which was a resivoir but now has loads of things to do, i wasnt sure about the birds id see so i wasnt looking for any bird in perticular arrived there at about 9:55 am parked the car and walked in didnt even look at the bird sign of whats about at the moment.

time went by preety quickly by the tiime i had got to the first hide.
birds seen so far:

1) jay
2) wood pigeon
3) black bird
4) chaffinch
5) canada geese
6) coot
7) mute swan
8) common turn
9) greylag geese
10) swift
11) mallard
12) reed bunting
13) buzzard (surprised to see that)
14) great crested greebe
15) blue tit
16) swallow
17) house martin
18) cormorant

went inside the hide opend one of the shutters but nothing just a blue tit and a bird i counld not identfy maiinly cus it was in a bush left the hide and carryed on by thetime the second hide came along i had another load of birds to add

19) morehen
20) house sparrow
21) great spooted woopdpecker with chicks
22) robin
23) wren

*heard a cuckoo*

went inside the hide and nothing but coots and morehens went back outside and carryd on ended up back at the car with another load of birds to add

24) pied wagtale
25) yellow wagtale
26) gold finch
27) carrion crow
28) skylark
29) black headed gull
30) great tit
31) jackdaw

drove back home

might go again in a few weeks time

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back