Talamanca Reserve (1 Viewer)

Hello to all.
I am in the final stages of planning my CR trip for December. Have already had some great advice on the forum about other places, but am now looking for some comments / observations about the Talamanca Reserve in San Gerardo Rivas. If anyone has birded the property in the recent past I would greatly welcome any tips regarding trails / lookouts, as the property is over 4000 acres and I will only have three days to explore.
Thanks in advance, Mark

gdhunter

am now looking for some comments / observations about the Talamanca Reserve in San Gerardo Rivas. If anyone has birded the property in the recent past I would greatly welcome any tips regarding trails / lookouts, as the property is over 4000 acres and I will only have three days to explore.

Have birded in the Talamancas only west of the Inter-American Highway, but each such trip has been quite productive. Hope you'll post a report.

Would guess that Patrick O'Donnell or Randall Chaves Ortega might prove worth consulting (and perhaps retaining for at least one of those three days).

Gary H

Birdingcraft

I haven't birded right at that site but have near there. Looks good, you should see a lot just checking the place out. Try for Costa Rican Brush Finch- a skulker, prefers ravines with thick vegetation.

Hi. I have been birding the area and know the birds well. Please tell me about your plan and I can help you to get the best of san gerardo.
Warm regards,
Alfredo Scott
www.watchingbirdscostarica.com

Users who are viewing this thread