• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tawny Owl - Bournville (1 Viewer)

Sorry ...just in Worcestershire but still brill....

9.10 pm.....TAWNY OWL flew almost into my car as I was passing the little cottage on Redditch Road just before the "Manor House "...... I was only going around 30 and stopped and reversed where I could view it - mainly in silhouette ...really low down in the trees.....it was watching me as much as I was looking at it.....it flew along the line of the trees and perched further along where I let it getting on with finding its grub......on a massive high now....

Great to hear Keith, I've been on a high for a couple of weeks having found local Essex Nightingales.

Tawny Owl around again this week. 3am on Monday for starters.

At some point, I'll get out and do some birding. It's been weeks.

9pm last night - Tawny Owl in trees on the Cadbury factory side of St. Francis church, Bournville.
As we walked to the car, a second owl from the back of the factory, closer to the railway line.

Tawny Owl calling outside the front door last night in the tree in front of the house, didn't think one would get that close. It was loud.

Tawny Owl calling for a couple of minutes, 10.20pm. First time this year, although I did think I'd heard it in the distance a couple of days back.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back