• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Tayforth Birding (1 Viewer)

burnie

Went to Broughty Ferry for a walk along the beach, amongst the many feeding Razorbills was my first Great Northern Diver of the winter.

Stonefaction

Stuck in Dundee.....
Scotland
I spent 4 hours on Dundee Law around a month ago watching as migrants passed overhead ( Skywatching In The Sunshine (8/9/21) ) and had been meaning to do so again. As rain was forecast for mid-morning I decided to spend a couple of hours there today. Things were a lot quieter than last month's visit but there were birds on the move - Meadow Pipits, Skylarks, Song Thrushes, Mistle Thrushes, Reed Buntings, Redwing, Siskin and lots of Pink Footed Geese. There were also Chaffinches and Bullfinches which may have been local birds rather than migrants, or a mix of both. A young Peregrine and a young Sparrowhawk also put in appearances but the best bird of all was a rather unexpected Hawfinch (my second Dundee Hawfinch following on from one on 6/10/20 over Riverside Nature Park). Things quietened down significantly after about 0930. I was there from 0810 till 1040 and am hoping to make an earlier start sometimes soon for more vis-mig. The light was pretty poor so the photos aren't up to much but as they are only really intended for confirming IDs they're passable.

Attachments

• DSC_9485.JPG
    DSC_9485.JPG
    473 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_9462.JPG
    DSC_9462.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_9413.JPG
    DSC_9413.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_9397.JPG
    DSC_9397.JPG
    579 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_9384.JPG
    DSC_9384.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_9380.JPG
    DSC_9380.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_9331.JPG
    DSC_9331.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_9329.JPG
    DSC_9329.JPG
    768.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_9295.JPG
    DSC_9295.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_9277.JPG
    DSC_9277.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_9254.JPG
    DSC_9254.JPG
    497.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_9247.JPG
    DSC_9247.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 6

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I had my first winter visitor of the year in the garden today - a Mistle Thrush rattling away.

I know they're about all year, but they only visit the garden in the winter months. Plenty of berries for them to go at this year.

burnie

Whilst on the river Isla near Coupar Angus I had a Dipper for company along with half a dozen Whooper Swans on the field opposite. Huge numbers of Redwings and Fieldfares a bit closer to home on the way back near Glamis.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread