• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tayforth Birding (4 Viewers)

some pics of rooftop nesting gulls in Dundee,the buildings in this area are all single story giving really good views of the birds,most are lesser black backed with the odd herring gull,i estimate there could be 100 pairs in this one street

Attachments

• gg1.JPG
    gg1.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 19
  • gg2.JPG
    gg2.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 18
  • gg3.jpg
    gg3.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 19
  • gg4.JPG
    gg4.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 19
  • gg5.jpg
    gg5.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 15
Had a daily exercise walk round the village, took my walkabout lens this time, a Whitethroat and a Sedge Warbler were the highlights.

Attachments

• BM1K1506.jpg
    BM1K1506.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 24
That's great Burnie.... always lovely to see them, isn't it.

kawwauser said:
first youngsters in the rooftop lssb gull colony spotted today

Have those pesky youngsters left the nest yet Kawwauser?

not yet delia I will get pics of them tomorrow to show how big they are getting,there was a major fire on top of a factory in Dundee a couple of days ago ,there are a few colonies around that area hopefully there wasn,t one on that roof

How strange I was sure I'd done a reply to your post Kawwauser.

I wasn't sure how long it was before they started moving around. I've seen some pretty young Herring Gulls on cliff tops walking about in the grass!

Oh don't talk techie to me Burnie.... I've not worked out how to get the sound files off my phone!

I've got a trail camera which seems to work quite well, just testing if I can post you any short videos and it seems not, so I'll just post still shots.

Hi Burnie

I have both PaleMoon (my normal browser) and Firefox, rarely using anything else.

The video would play on both, but only if I clicked on your name to go to your Flickr account. If I clicked on the first part of your link, I only got a still picture.

Thanks Delia, I have edited my first post to remove some of the link and it works, when I have something a bit more exciting I'll know what to do in future, I use Edge on my pc.

Oh it's really great to get some good news Kawwauser.

Many thanks laddie.

I had a day fishing on the South Esk yesterday, the fishing was poor but the wildlife had clearly benefitted from the quiet. Kingfishers were busy up and down the river, one I saw looked like a juvenile, Common Sandpipers were in good numbers and a couple of Dippers on the river. A few House Martins and Swallows overhead, there seem to be fewer of these this year. Otter prints and spraints on the bankside at a pool I have nicknamed Otter Pool.

A short walk round the village proved productive, juveniles included Swallows, Pied Wagtails and Chaffinch, also two pairs of Sedge Warblers and a pair of Corn Buntings on show, several Skylarks singing too.

Found a new feeding station during lockdown and am picking up some species there that I don't get in the town.

This is at the very beginning of the old road to Bridge of Cally, which has been diverted due to the risk of landslides.... it's now used as a footpath.

Craighall feeders on Streetmap. There's some room to park. The feeders are right beside a gate blocking vehicle access.

At the moment it's mostly Blue and Great Tits, with some Coal Tits. Also Blackbird, Pheasant Dunnock have been cleaning up underneath. A Great Spotted Woodpecker came in one day and a Red Squirrel too.

I've also heard Wren, Chiffchaff, Yellowhammer and got a (rare for me) picture of a Willow Warbler.

A Nuthatch has been reported from a little higher up the track.

Goodness know what else there'll be there. I'll certainly be going regularly I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back