• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Telescope vs. Super-Telephoto Lens for Imaging (Astronomy) (1 Viewer)

Ah, but I raise you the Telephoto lens Spotting/Astro scope, complete with a large Fluorite element...
(Although in fairness I have a couple of AP refractors that are better - depends if you have a suitable Telephoto lens already...)
Oasis EOS to M57 AD
Oasis M57 -> M36.4AD New
Oasis 31.7mm Eyepiece Holder SS
Celestron Ultima Barlow (to get enough back-focus)
Celestron 45 degree 1.25" Amici Prism 94112A

Ah, but for my best Moon photos I did:
Scope-AP 2" Barlow-AP MaxBright 2" Diagonal-Televue 2"x2" Extension Tube-2" to T2 wide adaptor-T2 to EOS adaptor-Camera
(It's a 2x Barlow, but in this configuration it will be maybe 3.5x, hence ISO 1600 as all the light got spread out.)
(BTW I needed the diagonal to get enough back-focus, even with the Extension Tube. )

Attachments

• IMG_1746_EF_300mm_Spotting-Scope.JPG
    IMG_1746_EF_300mm_Spotting-Scope.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 7
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back