• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Tenerife - Atlantic canary ID confirmation needed (1 Viewer)

David_

Germany
Hi,

as I am going through older pictures I found this one (taken on Tenerife) of what I thought is an atlantic canary. But the color is a lot more green than most photos I found online so I am not 100% convinced my ID is correct. But don't know what else it could be. Is it an atlantic canary?

Attachments

• IMG_2472.jpeg
    IMG_2472.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2473.jpeg
    IMG_2473.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2474.jpeg
    IMG_2474.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69

THE_FERN

Seems fine to me. Suggest not bright enough for serin, with grey on head and no clear wing bars

[Edit: see the headline ebird photos for bright example]

David_

Germany
Seems fine to me. Suggest not bright enough for serin, with grey on head and no clear wing bars

[Edit: see the headline ebird photos for bright example]
Thanks. Since I ruled out serin I was pretty sure to be an atlantic canary as I couldn’t think of any other option. But that the color of the bird is such a „strong“ (can’t think of better word to describe it) green and nearly the same color as the stem of the plant was slightly irritating for me

Users who are viewing this thread