• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Texas migrant (1 Viewer)

ednamex

Seen a coiuple of days ago in Houston.
Tennessee Warbler?
Ed

Attachments

• DSC09839.JPG
    DSC09839.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 118

MichavdB

I agree with Fugl. A female Oriole although I don't have enough experience with Hooded to make the determination as to which species exactly.

JANJ

Apart from other charateristics - bill is to small for Orchard. Tenessee looks fine!

JanJ

apbarr

That's a relief, at least I'm not alone. I was a bit reluctant to disagree with the local expert;)

fugl

That's a relief, at least I'm not alone. I was a bit reluctant to disagree with the local expert;)

Local expert? Surely you're not referring to me! ;) I almost always shoot from the hip & on a bad day get as many wrong as right!

apbarr

Local expert? Surely you're not referring to me! ;) I almost always shoot from the hip & on a bad day get as many wrong as right!

I think you're too modest, I don't see you making a lot of mistakes. Local is of course a relative term, with the vast distances involved I'm probably as close to some parts of North America here in Scotland as some of the locals are to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread