• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thailand, Chonburi, Pattaya, Jomtien - Need Bird ID Help (1 Viewer)

I would be grateful if someone can help me ID this bird.

I got up this morning and heard what I thought was a squirrel chattering outside my hotel window. "Chat, chat, chat, chat, chat..." I looked out the window to see a bird just one meter from me on a low branch, about the height of my chest, just chattering away. A short while later there were 2 of these birds in the same spot. One of them has a larger crest than the other. There is also a nest in this small tree, at about the height of my head.

Bird Description: Small black crest. Black eye & black stripe from eye to bill. Black bill. White throat and brow. Gray back, wings & tail. Chest is lighter gray/dappled/white. Yellow rump. The yellow rump doesn't show in the pictures, but it is certainly yellow.

Habitat: Urban. Small/short trees wedged tightly between the building and swimming pool. These trees are less than 3 meters tall.

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions,

Greg

20230417_105945.jpg20230417_105952.jpg20230417_105955.jpg

Welcome to BF.
A model query, by they way. With that quality of description and detailed information, you probably would have got an ID even without the photos - which is decidedly unusual.
👍🏻

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back