• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Dawn Chorus on BBC Radio Ulster (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

Did anyone last weekend listen to a radio programes with live coverage of the dawn chorus. The programe was on BBC Radio Ulster. But was organised by a Radio channel in the Republic of Ireland and it involved a number of country's in Europe via Eurovision. It was broadcast over last weekend. I knew nothing about it, as apparently it was also. broadcast on Radio 4 throughout the night. The programe itself was broadcast from 12.00am-7.00am UK time. It included live coverage of the sound from a Capercaille Lek in Northern Europe as well as a number of other sites all through Europe including the RSPB reserve of Ham Wall in the UK. I've just downloaded all 7 hours of the programe from the weekend from BBC Radio Ulster and I've been listening to the download since earlier today. I'm on the second last hour of the programe and it's really been very very good.
Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back