• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

the food is just too delicious! (1 Viewer)

seb_seb

a pair of robins are now ther only bird to visit my table. They are not only staying on it constantly..but are chasing away blue and even great tits. The male was even singing from it. I think my food is just TOO good!!!!

Sounds like they are doing you a favour. I am putting 500g of sunflower hearts a day, a large fat ball, one finely chopped apple, 100g crushed peanuts and a similar amount of wild bird seed. But then again I am getting a wider selection of our feathered friends.

:t:

mike> likewise with the fat ball and peanuts......but the seeds are pratically ignored! That is probably due to the birds ....no sparrows and few finches!

they are also defending a hawthorn hedge vigourously ,which is close to the table so maybe they are nesting there? ill have to have a look

I only have the Robin on my table too, they control the maggot source! The other birds use the feeders.

I have turned my girlfriends garden into a bird paradise, by putting out seed and nut feeders and also fat fat feeders laced with seeds, and now the tree is constantly alive with Greenfinches taking turns, starlings hogging the fat ball and chirping Sparrows playing around the hedge and helping themselves on the lawn to the seeds that fall to the floor, also the odd Robin pops in, Blue Tits also arrive in numbers, last Friday evening 2 Hedgehogs came into the garden and helped themselves to whatever they could find.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back