• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

The Ladybird thread (1 Viewer)

THE WANDERER

Id help please

Found this one on a chalk downland site. Seemed quite a bit smaller than the normal 7-spots.

Attachments

• Ladybird-sp-170411-1.gif
    Ladybird-sp-170411-1.gif
    87.5 KB · Views: 105

MarkHows

Mostly Mammals
I found these at the weekend, Over 20 Kidney spots

Mark

Attachments

• lady1.jpg
    lady1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 108
  • lady3.jpg
    lady3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 103

Cristian Mihai

Cristian Mihai
Hi everybody,

I know (almost) nothing about ladybirds, but here are two pics taken on May 17th in Bucharest. Please help me to ID them.

P.S. The yellow one is a about half size of a seven-spot ladybird; the large red one is somehow larger than a seven-spot ladybird.

Attachments

• P5176557m.jpg
    P5176557m.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 82
  • P5176586m.jpg
    P5176586m.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 108

paul47

Estonian ladybird

I was in Estonia last week, this was the only ladybird I found and I can't place it - any thoughts?

Attachments

• Ladybird.JPG
    Ladybird.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 92

The Hairy Highlander

I had a Cream Spotted Ladybird yesterday, never seen one before so quite pleased..:t:

Attachments

• Cream Spot Ladybird 002 (Medium).jpg
    Cream Spot Ladybird 002 (Medium).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 106

Shirley Roulston

Just a 7-Spotted Ladybird to add to the thread. I saw this one at Nefyn on the Lleyn Peninsula.

Attachments

• 7spotted Ladybird.jpg
    7spotted Ladybird.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 85

Shirley Roulston

Another 7-Spotted Ladybird, I found it amongst the nettles and its right at the top of a nettle leaf.

Attachments

• ladybird.jpg
    ladybird.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 73

redhoopoe

Garden ladybird.

Hi all
Any ladybird experts can tell me what the id of this ladybird is, i thought it may be a scarce 7 spot ladybird but that has been ruled out, i an now thinking of an adonis ladybird. Length 5mm.

Colin.

Attachments

• IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 94

aeshna5

Hi all
Any ladybird experts can tell me what the id of this ladybird is, i thought it may be a scarce 7 spot ladybird but that has been ruled out, i an now thinking of an adonis ladybird. Length 5mm.

Colin.

Yes, Adonis Ladybird, often on disturbed ground.

CerambyX

Latvia
I was in Estonia last week, this was the only ladybird I found and I can't place it - any thoughts?

I think it's Hippodamia notata - those bold spots are rather characteristic. This species is rather common around here.

Users who are viewing this thread