• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

The Long Spring (1 Viewer)

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
The Long Spring by Laurence Rose

I was bought this by my Mother for my Birthday last year. However, I mislaid it then found it again today in my scope mule pack (I had put it in there the last time I took my scope away for a few days which was nearly a year ago!) I only got as far, therefore, as the 4th chapter but it’s excellent so far.

For those that don’t know, Laurence is a life long naturalist and conservationist. He has worked for the RSPB since 1983 and helps run the multi-million pound project Back from the Brink.

In this travelogue, Laurence chases the arrival of Spring, journeying from Morocco to Arctic Scandinavia documenting in glorious technicolour and surround sound, the migration of birds as they travel from Africa to their respective breeding grounds. On the way, places of antiquity, historic buildings, local culture and ancient local traditions are explored. Interwoven throughout, are scientific and ecological observations that can only come from someone with a true ear and feel for nature.

I would thoroughly recommend this book as either your own travelling companion, or a book to occasionally dip in and out of, or just a straightforward cover to cover read.

It is available on Amazon for £13.19

or on Bloomsbury

And is also available as an E-book.

Users who are viewing this thread