• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Most Rediculos but funny answers non birders have told their kids (1 Viewer)

I once called out a distant Honey Buzzard in Norfolk, 'look at those flat wings' I announced to the assembled throng. It gradually drew closer and revealed itself to be a hang glider, appointment at Specsavers was duly arranged!

That happens all the time at our hawk watch. If you haven't done it, you haven't put in enough time on the ridge. ;)

That happens all the time at our hawk watch. If you haven't done it, you haven't put in enough time on the ridge. ;)

On a migration watch at Akrotiri in Cyprus on a very hazy day, there was a call 'Flamingoes, low over the sea'. We turned to look, but what materialised in our bins was the Red Arrows...
MJB

I heard a funny story some years back from a friend. She was with another friend at a park and there were ducks in the pond. A couple of the ducks bolted out of the pond flying quickly away.
Her friend said "Wait ... ducks can fly? when did this happen?!! ... "

Another one I just remembered:
People at my job know I'm a bird watcher. A young lady I used to work with asked me if I saw any good birds at the park when I came back from my lunch break. I told her I watched some ducks in the pond. She replied ... "oh, so no birds ... wait, are ducks birds?..."

A girl at my school who knows I'm a birdwatcher once told me she liked ducks and asked me also whether they're birds or not.
I really don't know why people seem to think ducks aren't birds!

A couple of years ago, on a ferry from Spain to the UK. A woman was set to educate the whole ferry, in the loudest voice she had and looking around to include everyone, she announced - you want to take a boat along the Douro River, it is lovely, it is only a SHORT river (fact - 557 miles), they make all the SHERRY there you know (fact - they make Port. Sherry is made in Jerez Spain), The boats stop so you taste the SHERRY (PORT)!!!

What a plonker!!!

A couple of years ago, on a ferry from Spain to the UK. A woman was set to educate the whole ferry, in the loudest voice she had and looking around to include everyone, she announced - you want to take a boat along the Douro River, it is lovely, it is only a SHORT river (fact - 557 miles), they make all the SHERRY there you know (fact - they make Port. Sherry is made in Jerez Spain), The boats stop so you taste the SHERRY (PORT)!!!

What a plonker!!!

Struggling to see a bird connection?

My favorite along these lines was a prior partner's story - she was birding casually in a park and was asked "What are those birds with the funny feet?" to which the answer was "American Coots." The second question came then "And how do you know they're American?" to which the immediate answer was "Because they speak English." Still makes me chuckle.

My favorite along these lines was a prior partner's story - she was birding casually in a park and was asked "What are those birds with the funny feet?" to which the answer was "American Coots." The second question came then "And how do you know they're American?" to which the immediate answer was "Because they speak English." Still makes me chuckle.

Of a kind...............;)

I remember in a hide might have been Lochwinnoch someone calling out 'look at that lovely Green Tit' it got me excited but then I realised they were looking at a Great Tit. Mind you if I could rename a bird I would actually rename a Great Tit a Green Tit.

Hello,

I am keeping to the natural world but moving to amphibians. One autumn, I was a Central Park's Turtle Pond, when a child asked her mother, "Mommy, where do the turtles go in the winter?" The mother replied, "The Park has a turtle roundup, and keeps them indoors."

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Hello,

I am keeping to the natural world but moving to amphibians. One autumn, I was a Central Park's Turtle Pond, when a child asked her mother, "Mommy, where do the turtles go in the winter?" The mother replied, "The Park has a turtle roundup, and keeps them indoors."

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Made a huge clanger yourself there! Turtles are reptiles not amphibians even if their lifestyle may be amphibious.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back