• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

The Weather (1 Viewer)

Today I will rant about supposedly a very British obsession...the weather. Now I'm fine in all weathers be it rain, snow or sun but my relatives always have something to complain about. Now I don't know about you but I don't see how someone who has lived in Aberdeen for 49 years could possibly complain about the weather. Now I'm not just talking about complaining about snow, my mother will complain about just about any weather that is below room temperature. It could be a balmy 12 degrees in January and she would still say that it's freezing. The weather is judged on the same scale, be it January or July. :-O Now I don't know about you, but my comparatively short life has given me enough experience to say that anything above 5 degrees in Aberdeen is pretty much balmy t-shirt weather :-O And chances are despite what the temperature is it will still be raining :smoke: I can't remember the last time I had a picnic. And I mean a proper picnic, not one of those sit in the car with the heater on and a pasta pot on your knee while looking out the window picnics but one of those blanket on the ground ploughman's lunch picnics. Because whenever it's actually warm enough to have a picnic it seems to be raining. And the one day of the year it isn't and we seem to be having a heatwave there is some reason where I have to make a road trip and then when I arrive at the destination it is, you've guessed it, raining, while the neighbours back home are probably trying to scrape some rust off the barbecue.

Users who are viewing this thread