• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thornham Finches II (1 Viewer)

Alexjh1

I went on another attempt to Thornham Harbour yesterday in an attempt to see some twite - nice day of birding, but I didn't find any interesting finch flocks until the sun was starting to set, hence bad grainy photographs. A local gentleman did mention there were twite there, but though I did hear one anomalous call in in amoungst the normal linnet twittering, I couldn't pick out what was making it, but just thought I'd get second opinions on the few that maybe had a smidge of potential?

Thanks in advance!

twite2.jpg

KenM

I went on another attempt to Thornham Harbour yesterday in an attempt to see some twite - nice day of birding, but I didn't find any interesting finch flocks until the sun was starting to set, hence bad grainy photographs. A local gentleman did mention there were twite there, but though I did hear one anomalous call in in amoungst the normal linnet twittering, I couldn't pick out what was making it, but just thought I'd get second opinions on the few that maybe had a smidge of potential?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1357850

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1357850
They all look like Linnet to me Alex, even with bad images such as these, I would expect to see a yellow ochre (mustardy) wash to the uppers and unders which I’m not seeing.

Cheers

Alexjh1

Thanks for the help! I thought that was probably the case, but never hurts to double check.

Users who are viewing this thread