• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thrush, Iguazu Argentina, Dec 2019 (1 Viewer)

Wimpy

Trying to nail down this thrush. Clearly a juvenile bird judging by the remaining chick feather. Taken at The Jardin de los Picaflores in Iguazu.

Is it an Eastern Slaty Thrush?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• P1190660 - LR (Custom).jpg
    P1190660 - LR (Custom).jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 37
Pale-breasted Thrush, looks like an adult to me, just a feather out of place or being molted or the like.

Thanks Josh, I have very little knowledge of your birds and any help is welcome. Had a wonderful holiday in Argentina. Used Buenos Dias Birding in BA and around Ciebas with a guide called Diego Oscar. Great guy and excellent birder. Had another half day in Iguazu with the same company. Well over 200 birds and all the wonderful sights of BA, El Calafate, Bariloche and Iguazu as well. Took your tip for car hire in Bariloche.

Still have a few bird puzzles to solve.

I'm glad to hear you had a good trip! I don't know Diego but I'll keep his name in mind for when others ask.

Feel free to ask about any other birds, happy to help within my abilities.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back