• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thrush Nightingale ,Northern Greece (1 Viewer)

ody

Is it a common Nightingale or Thrush Nightingale?

Attachments

• ODY_9437.JPG
    ODY_9437.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 142

KenM

If I’ve interpreted the wing formula correctly, the 1st primary appears “shorter” than the primary coverts, that should suggest Thrush Nightingale?

Cheers

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
I posted to that effect earlier Ken then deleted it - I wasn’t sure if that was down to moult (p1/10) still growing and/or whether the luscinia type plumage was down to wear? I could only see 7 pp tips so wondered if the pp was slightly short? (My experience of Thrush is primarily Spring and late Autumn migration)

Last edited:

Richard Prior

Halfway up an Alp
Europe
Two for Thrush...one for Common ....any other ideas?

You mean any other votes, not ideas Ody? This could become like one of those TV programmes when the public register their preference for competitor No. 1 or No. 2!;)
For me it's a Common, but if five more people say Thrush and only two more say Common what will you do?:eek!:

ody

You mean any other votes, not ideas Ody? This could become like one of those TV programmes when the public register their preference for competitor No. 1 or No. 2!;)
For me it's a Common, but if five more people say Thrush and only two more say Common what will you do?:eek!:
I would like to see a Thrush Nightingale. If this is not one ...then I'll search the next days close to Thessaloniki to see one!!!!;)

ody

Today I found another bird.
What about this one?

Attachments

• ODY_0114.JPG
    ODY_0114.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread