• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thrush or blackbird? Lincolnshire UK (1 Viewer)

Emilyb81

United Kingdom
Hi I just wondered if anyone can help me figure out if this is a thrush or a blackbird please? Recently had a song thrush outside from 5am til 9am daily for a week and it now appears to of moved away and have now got this bird instead? Always have blackbirds around the garden but have not heard a song like this until now so if anyone can help me to tell the difference between the 3 birds that would be great? I am learning about birds as have recently moved to the countryside and I am seeing and hearing birds I've not before! So I've been trying to teach myself how to tell what's whee from their song etc but I am still amazed at times by what I hear from my windows! Anyhoo thanks in advance for any help!

Emilyb81

United Kingdom
OK trying using different browser as it keeps saying low memory which isn't right... So if this doesn't work I apologise and I will remove the posts and repost once I know what the problem is! Sorry for messing you about!

Andy Adcock

England
Hi I just wondered if anyone can help me figure out if this is a thrush or a blackbird please? Recently had a song thrush outside from 5am til 9am daily for a week and it now appears to of moved away and have now got this bird instead? Always have blackbirds around the garden but have not heard a song like this until now so if anyone can help me to tell the difference between the 3 birds that would be great? I am learning about birds as have recently moved to the countryside and I am seeing and hearing birds I've not before! So I've been trying to teach myself how to tell what's whee from their song etc but I am still amazed at times by what I hear from my windows! Anyhoo thanks in advance for any help!
Just for you to know, a Blackbird is a Thrush.

Emilyb81

United Kingdom
Just for you to know, a Blackbird is a Thrush.
Oh OK well that would explain why they sound similar thankyou! Gutted I can't seem to get this recording to upload /post! Also can't figure out how to remove my posts so it's left me a bit baffled to be honest! But working on it!

Andy Adcock

England
Oh OK well that would explain why they sound similar thankyou! Gutted I can't seem to get this recording to upload /post! Also can't figure out how to remove my posts so it's left me a bit baffled to be honest! But working on it!
To remove a post, simply hit the delete button underneath it.

Emilyb81

United Kingdom
To remove a post, simply hit the delete button underneath it.
Unfortunately there isn't that option on here may be due to me using phone? It just says report...then other options (drop down menu just allows me to edit the post and save no delete?) then... quote... and finally reply? So doesn't say delete anywhere and tried editing but no way to delete there either! My brain is beginning to hurt lol! I even took screenshot of my options under the post but same way it won't allow me to post sounds I can't post photos either grrrr :-(

Users who are viewing this thread