• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thumbnail view vs full size picture attachments (or picture inserts) in posts (1 Viewer)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Ollie - Several people have mentioned that thumbnails are appearing as skewiff partial windows of the full size picture.

This is what is happening for me on mobile phone and laptop platforms.

Posting the full picture can cause data/page load time issues for folks that do not want to see it.

I think if the thumbnails can just be a faithful downsizing of the entire full picture, people will use them a lot more and thus solve a bit of grief. This is the way that the old site displayed.

On the plus side opening up one in a series of picture attachments takes you into a picture viewer where you can tab across/back to the next/previous picture which is a great improvement (I think ! I'm rapidly forgetting how the old site worked - lol 😁 )

Please help ! Thanks πŸ‘

Chosun πŸ™†

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
Chosun there is a full discussion on another thread about inserting images and resizing them - given the amount Oliie already has to do, with now literally hundreds of posts he presumably is trying to wade through to find any genuine programming glitches (that’s among the complaints, general chat and basic questions on how to carry out functions when those questions have already been answered several times also!). Might it be an idea therefore, to add your voice to the existing discussion so OLLIE doesnt have to read so many threads?

Btw - images on the ID forum also upload and are viewed in the same way (which is what is being discussed)

MacNara

Japan
On the plus side opening up one in a series of picture attachments takes you into a picture viewer where you can tab across/back to the next/previous picture which is a great improvement)
I disagree. If you opened a photo (or each photo that looked interesting) in a new tab - which was a one-click operation in Firefox on Mac - then you had much more control over how you saw the photos (and which ones you saw). And the text of the original thread was also there in the first tab. The current new BF system is a significant downgrade for me (I've tried playing around with threads in Bird ID to test if it's just me being an old bore, but I haven't convinced myself at all).

Users who are viewing this thread