• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Totally Foxed!…..Epping Forest today. (1 Viewer)

KenM

Returning home for lunch, having just crossed a road en-route to home entering into a small field, when I espied these two giving me an indifferent stare c20m away.
As I advanced albeit going slightly away diagonally they just stared at me!
Taking advantage with camera in hand,
I managed to get perhaps within c10m before they eventually moved off at less than a gallop!

Unusual behaviour for local foxes…I’d have thought?

Cheers

Attachments

• 61C7E04B-0BB4-4851-AD64-B63B0ABFF21B.jpeg
    61C7E04B-0BB4-4851-AD64-B63B0ABFF21B.jpeg
    632.1 KB · Views: 32
That's very obviously a pair. The vixen is in front, smaller, narrow muzzle, elegance - a real fox....

The bigger dog fox has a broader muzzle and tbh doesn't look all that bright but I think actually they are just so obsessed with each other that they aren't bothered about you. Indeed I wonder if they are slightly dazed from sex.

Wonderful sighting!

John

That's very obviously a pair. The vixen is in front, smaller, narrow muzzle, elegance - a real fox....

The bigger dog fox has a broader muzzle and tbh doesn't look all that bright but I think actually they are just so obsessed with each other that they aren't bothered about you. Indeed I wonder if they are slightly dazed from sex.

Wonderful sighting!

John
I did wonder about that……😮👍

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back