• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tracklist - Peterson Peterson Field Guide To The Bird Songs Of Britain And Europe (1 Viewer)

Turnst0ne

Hello,

I am in search of a detailed tracklist and species notes for the classic A Field Guide to the Bird Songs Of Britain And Europe by Palmér & Boswell. The series consists of 15 records. [RFLP 5001 - 5015]

Discogs offers a selection of scans, mainly very low resolution and subsequently unreadable.

https://www.discogs.com/label/729080-A-Field-Guide-To-The-Bird-Songs-Of-Britain-And-Europe

Does anyone know where this information can be found, or even able to provide higher resolution scans?

Best wishes

Hello,

I am in search of a detailed tracklist and species notes for the classic A Field Guide to the Bird Songs Of Britain And Europe by Palmér & Boswell. The series consists of 15 records. [RFLP 5001 - 5015]

Discogs offers a selection of scans, mainly very low resolution and subsequently unreadable.

https://www.discogs.com/label/729080-A-Field-Guide-To-The-Bird-Songs-Of-Britain-And-Europe

Does anyone know where this information can be found, or even able to provide higher resolution scans?

Best wishes

Hi T, would this be what you are looking for? I should most likely have all 15, definitely RFLP 5010-5015. Here is 5015 as a sample.

Attachments

• bird LP 5015.jpgred1650.jpg
    bird LP 5015.jpgred1650.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 25
Hi Swissboy, incredible! I am particularly interested in the species notes. I have attached a sample from 5015 sourced from Discogs as an example.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Species Notes.jpg
    Species Notes.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 24
Hi Swissboy, incredible! I am particularly interested in the species notes. I have attached a sample from 5015 sourced from Discogs as an example.

Many thanks

I was afraid that you were after these details. Unfortunately, copying these would by far exceed my capacities. They'd need at least 6 scans per record on my scanner. That would mean at least 90 scans total. I could do one or at most two records completely if you had some that were particularly bad to decipher.

I was afraid that you were after these details. Unfortunately, copying these would by far exceed my capacities. They'd need at least 6 scans per record on my scanner. That would mean at least 90 scans total. I could do one or at most two records completely if you had some that were particularly bad to decipher.

That is far too many scans! Not to worry. Thank you for looking into this though, I really appreciate it! Do you enjoy the records?

..............! Do you enjoy the records?

I normally use digital recordings now, these longplay records are only very rarely used. The CDs allow much faster access. I'm still hoping that the set will come out in digital form. But since there are so many more possibilities these days, chances may be slim. Particularly, xeno-canto is now a treasure trove that I very often consult. The mammal records are still in active use, though.

Just a thought re scanning - can you not photograph them instead of scanning? I used to photograph whole library books ( ;) ) indoors by a window (ie good light) and you can whip through them real quick.

Don't know the limitations of emails but there's also flickr etc. Of course it's still a fair bit of effort, but maybe much less than scanning.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back