• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trinovid HD 10x32 vs UVHD+ 10x32 (1 Viewer)

ZDHart

United States
Can anyone who has/had these two compare them for color quality, contrast, and sharpness?

I think I would prefer the Trinovid HD for the slightly longer length (5.1" long vs. 4.7") and slightly heavier weight (22.6 oz. vs 19.9 oz.), for better handling. I don't mind the differences in field-of-view, close focus distances, nor degree of eye relief.

Is the optical color quality, contrast, and center field sharpness with the Trinovid quite close to that gorgeous "view" given by the UVHD plus?

212 views, but no response? I understand... we have a very small community here, Leica is not the hottest ticket in town these days, and perhaps I'm one of the few that have made this direct comparison... and lived to tell about it! :LOL: So, finally, I am able to answer my own question, for the few who may truly be interested.

I bought both, as part of my 10x32 binocular "shoot out". The UVHD+ 10x32 CLEARLY has greater clarity, finer definition, and sharper sharpness vs. the 10x32 Trinovid HD. The difference was not difficult to see, with careful comparison. BUT! It wasn't a large difference.

The Trinovid HD 10x32s are truly very nice bins! And they are quite sharp. Just not quite to the degree found in the UVHD+.

In my experience with several Zeiss Victory SF models, Swaro NL Pure, and Leica UVHD+ binoculars - all recently being evaluated - the UVHD+ binoculars are truly something very special. In razor sharp definition, clarity, color quality, and contrast, I don't think that any binoculars surpass the UVHD+. A few alpha others may have similar general sharpness, a somewhat flatter field, some additional sharpness as you approach the edges, or a somewhat wider field-of-view, but as for sharpness, clarity, color quality, and contrast... Leica has it in SPADES with the UVHD+.

If a flat field, slightly sharper edges, and somewhat wider field-of-view at 1000 yards are very important to your viewing scenarios, the UVHD+ (or the Trinovid HD) may not be at the very top of your list.

But if those aspects are not all that critical to you, then the quite reasonably-priced UVHD+ bins are most certainly top-shelf alpha quality when it comes to sharpness, clarity, color quality, contrast, build-quality, and feel-in-the-hand! And, the Trinovid HDs are not at all far behind the UVHD+.

I have not yet tried the Noctivids, and I'm sure that they are fabulous, as well.

Anyway. As regards Trinovid HD vs. UVHD+, there is no contest. UVHD+ gets the blue ribbon.

For $950, however... Trinovid HD is a spectacular binocular. Wonderful to enjoy, and a great value.

Last edited:
Kind of cool... I guess? A thread where oneself is the only participant! đŸ¤£.

It's exclusive, anyway. ;) There are at least a few who seem to have gained something from it, and well noted. That alone, is more than worth the price of admission!

Merry Christmas to you all! (Gotta love all these snowflakes falling all around us on this day, December 22, 2021.)

I have had both…. The Ultravid has a better view optically. But… I like the armor of the Trinovid, loved the 3’ closeup, loved the focus mechanism, loved the price!!!

No snow in Philadelphia at the moment… and even though we are not in SE Arizona right now… I just bet no snow either!

I have had both…. The Ultravid has a better view optically. But… I like the armor of the Trinovid, loved the 3’ closeup, loved the focus mechanism, loved the price!!!

No snow in Philadelphia at the moment… and even though we are not in SE Arizona right now… I just bet no snow either!
Hey my friend... no snow here, as yet. We do get some snow at our high altitude Scottsdale desert location, though, some winters. It doesn't last long, though.

A couple of years ago, we had 9 or 10" of the beautiful white fluff atop our parapets, courtyard walls, and on the ground.

51768794400_a91db0f558_k.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back