• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Trip into the Uncertainties, Arctic Scandinavia, July 2020. (1 Viewer)

Richard G

Was the bear session at Wild Brown Bear? I spent a week there in 2018 & had a fantastic time. Need to make a return as I have unfinished business with the wolves (didn't see one back then :) although I did see Wolverine)

Swiffly

Jeez, Jos, after weeks of doom scrolling through the pandemic your trip report has given me heart! I'd seen high latitude ranges for leps in Canada but they never seemed real. Now I know they are, and I know a lot more about looking for them.

Thanks much for such an engaging write-up,

Swiffly

sicklebill

well-known Cretaceous relic
Australia
Very enjoyable trip report Jos, thank you, with a great mix of species. I have just got back from Iron Range in far north Queensland where birds were the main focus but I tried hard to unravel the butterflies too, not too much sun at this time of year but sorted a few including Pied Ringlet and both Yellow-eyed and Black-banded Plane. Birding was excellent as we worked around storms and cyclone issues. I hope you make a good recovery from the encephalitis and best wishes for 2021

Users who are viewing this thread