• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod and Head for birds in flight (1 Viewer)

I've been pondering much the same.

I've been eyeing up this Slik AF2100 Trigger Tripod Head for my existing tripod as at the moment I use a pan and tilt fluid head which is great for macro and portraits etc but really frustrating with a big zoom and a moving target.

Anyone got any thoughts on this or could say whether it's a good suggestion.

I also know someone who uses a gimbal style head which he swears by, but they're a bit out of my price range. To the OP: I suggest you state a budget as you can spend quite a bit on a tripod and head.

I've been pondering much the same.

I've been eyeing up this Slik AF2100 Trigger Tripod Head for my existing tripod as at the moment I use a pan and tilt fluid head which is great for macro and portraits etc but really frustrating with a big zoom and a moving target.

Anyone got any thoughts on this or could say whether it's a good suggestion.

I also know someone who uses a gimbal style head which he swears by, but they're a bit out of my price range. To the OP: I suggest you state a budget as you can spend quite a bit on a tripod and head.
Mike,
I use something similar to the Slik made by Seben on my monopod and its great cost around £35.00 with 2 quick release plates and very solid, works well with Bigma.
Cheers
Brian
ps the Seben looks exactly like the Slik and Redsnapper do one very similar too

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back