• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod recommendations for Opticron mm4 77 (1 Viewer)

Marcusp1140

United Kingdom
Hi

just purchased my first scope an Opticron mm4 77 complete with the sdl v3 eye piece.
Im now looking for a suitable tripod and a hide clamp preferably where I can use the centre column of the tripod.

budget is about £300 max been looking at the Velbon Delta V from in focus, Viking Tr100 pro carbon with velbon 157q head or a Benro Wild 1.

any help with others to consider or views on the above would be much appreciated

Hello Marcus and welcome to BirdForum!

I have the same scope and am using it with a Velbon GEO E630 cf tripod and Manfrotto MVH 500AH head. I'm no expert (this is my first scope) but I'm very happy with the set-up.

Chris

Hello Marcus and welcome to BirdForum!

I have the same scope and am using it with a Velbon GEO E630 cf tripod and Manfrotto MVH 500AH head. I'm no expert (this is my first scope) but I'm very happy with the set-up.

Chris
Thanks for the reply Chris I will have a look. Looking forward to being part of the community

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back