• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trittiford mill pond and the dingles bird sightings (1 Viewer)

donnam2

This thread is on bird sightings at trittiford mill pond, the old mill pond and the dingles I will report all my sightings and would love for others to join in, I also have a twitter page with what has been so far https://twitter.com/Trittifordbirds. look forward to hearing all your sightings.

Hi beautiful photos of a beautiful bird, I have only ever managed to get a couple of photos of kingfishers they always fly off lol you have lot's there amazing. I will keep you updated if i have sightings :)

2x great spotted woodpecker, one green woodpecker, one teal, one cormorant still present. quite a large number of starlings. 2 x herring gull
2x lesser black backed gull one adult one young. Large number of black headed gulls as usual :)

Trittiford today 2 nuthatches, teal still present, 6 lesser black back gulls, 2 jays, all five cygnets following behind mum nice to see them altogether still. Quite a few grey wagtails
Good number off house sparrows round trittiford and the dingles goldfinch having a drink on the stream at the dingles :)

male pochard at trittiford today, no sign of cygnets or the teal :( lots of goldcrest and a nuthatch scribbers lane through the narrow walkway :)

male pochard at trittiford today, no sign of cygnets or the teal :( lots of goldcrest and a nuthatch scribbers lane through the narrow walkway :)

Hi Donna - inspired by your post - I made a visit to Trittiford this morning at the start of a run along the Cole, it was good! Didn't see the pochard, have seen one there before last year I think. There were heron at both ends, 5-6 tufted ducks, 2 cormorant fishing and 1 flew over and a couple GCG close to the edge. Really good to see the impressive cygnets now changing colour!!

Hi thanks for post, the pochard was present on Sunday afternoon hopefully we will get some more there soon :)
The five cygnets have done so well, there was another set of swans there Sunday morning appearntly are swans saw them off but when I walked round again at about three there was another cygnet there.
I will let you know if anything else turns up. :)

22-11-2014 08:00 Trittiford MP
Hi Donna - 4 pochard now, nice to see, 8 tufted ducks, a couple GCG and 3 heron. BB, wren & robin everywhere. There is probably winter migrants along the Cole as I could hear some different (new to my ears) bird song. For the first time in a long time, no KF!!

thanks for post :) I thought i heard a water rail the other day, the walkway scribbers lane end where all the reeds are but i waited ages and could'nt see one, going tomorrow will have another look.

Shoveler and Redpoll

on the 7th there was 3x Shoveler at Trittiford first time I have ever seen them there, went back on the 8th and they had gone :(
also there was a common gull on the 7th :)
Common Redpoll scribers lane through the pathway halfway down.
Little egret present both days, old mill pond and saw him today at the dingles quite high up in the tree.

on the 7th there was 3x Shoveler at Trittiford first time I have ever seen them there, went back on the 8th and they had gone :(
also there was a common gull on the 7th :)
Common Redpoll scribers lane through the pathway halfway down.
Little egret present both days, old mill pond and saw him today at the dingles quite high up in the tree.

Can you confirm that you meant Common Redpoll and not Lesser Redpoll.

Des.

10/ 03/2015

One Little Egret still at the old Mill pond, Slade lane walkway to Trittiford, Redwing in woody area, buzzard in tree by Bridge, 2 x treecreepers, lot's of frogs in the pondy reedy area :)
Female pochard still present at Trittiford mill pond along with 2 males.
The dingles was quite lot's of nuthatch, few long tailed tit's, goldcrest.

Lovely day round Trittiford and The Dingles Lots of chiffchaffs round trittiford and the dingles and a blackcap, song thrush, tree creepers, nuthatches, 4 Jays together never seen four together before lol two great spotted woodpeckers one at trittiford one at the dingles kingfisher at the the dingles and one at scribbers lane.
Also at Trittiford a Willow Warbler :) four Greenfinch which is nice to see because numbers are declining so hopefully they will breed.

RIng ouzel keep a look out :)

Can everyone who walks round Trittiford check that horsey field at the back for ring ouzel please lol there's quite a few gaps you cAn scan with binoculars :)

Little Egret on the River Cole

So I'm running along thinking OK so I can't find the kingfisher maybe there will be a Little Egret. Then as I run around the bend of the River Cole, what do I find in a tree over the river - yes a Little Egret. Wow! It was happily sat in the tree. Then when I took a look close - there were 2. Great!!

Attachments

• Little Egret on the River Cole comp.jpg
    Little Egret on the River Cole comp.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 215
Two Little Egret

Paul Fitzgerald reports 1 Little Egret on Priory Pool on Nov 11th and 2 there the following day.

Yes Matt, as in my photo above, two present this morning just down from the Priory/Trittiford on the Dingles/Wonders Walk section of the River Cole. Also three maybe four heron along the stretch from Sparkhill to Trittiford and it took me one hour of an enjoyable run to find the kingfisher which was on the same tree perch as the other weekend. Also a Grey Wagtail. Great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back