• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Troubador's Review of GPO Passion 8x42 HD (1 Viewer)

What warranty will the GPO have if sold in Europe? I see that GPO USA have lifetime warranty but the Geco sold in Europe only have 10 years, Will it be the same with the binoculars under the GPO brand?

All products which are sold by RUAG / GECO Gold on the level of HD has a warranty of 10 years. (RUAG to the customer)

All products we sell under GPO PASSION HD from the company to the end consumer has a warranty of 10 years as well. (GPO to the customer).

All products which are sold by RUAG / GECO Gold on the level of HD has a warranty of 10 years. (RUAG to the customer)

All products we sell under GPO PASSION HD from the company to the end consumer has a warranty of 10 years as well. (GPO to the customer).

hi!
what does "spectacular lifetime warranty" mean?

best regards rashid

Need to clarify, this 10 year warranty information above is for products sold in Europe.

For the United States, GPO, USA will offer a "Spectacular Lifetime Warranty". Per the USA website at http://gpo-usa.com/spectacular-lifetime-warranty

"GPO, USA is 100% confident that all of our products will not only function perfectly, but will exceed your expectations. Therefore, GPO, USA has created an industry-leading Spectacular Lifetime Warranty™. With outstanding professional service, we will take care of our products before, during, and after your purchase at no charge to you, EVER. If your product is not functioning properly, GPO, USA will repair or replace it with a product in perfect working condition.* We at GPO, USA know you have chosen to trust us by purchasing one of our premium products, and we understand that this trust is important. The GPO, USA Spectacular Lifetime Warranty™ applies to every GPO product bought in the United States or Canada, no matter where you purchased it and no matter how long you have had it. Trust GPO. You will not be disappointed.

Lifetime warranty, fully transferable*
No proof of purchase necessary
No warranty card registration required

*Replacement product will be of equal or greater value. The GPO, USA Spectacular Lifetime Warranty™ does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage, or cosmetic damage that is the result of neglect or intentional misuse."

Need to clarify, this 10 year warranty information above is for products sold in Europe.

For the United States, GPO, USA will offer a "Spectacular Lifetime Warranty". Per the USA website at http://gpo-usa.com/spectacular-lifetime-warranty

"GPO, USA is 100% confident that all of our products will not only function perfectly, but will exceed your expectations. Therefore, GPO, USA has created an industry-leading Spectacular Lifetime Warranty™. With outstanding professional service, we will take care of our products before, during, and after your purchase at no charge to you, EVER. If your product is not functioning properly, GPO, USA will repair or replace it with a product in perfect working condition.* We at GPO, USA know you have chosen to trust us by purchasing one of our premium products, and we understand that this trust is important. The GPO, USA Spectacular Lifetime Warranty™ applies to every GPO product bought in the United States or Canada, no matter where you purchased it and no matter how long you have had it. Trust GPO. You will not be disappointed.

Lifetime warranty, fully transferable*
No proof of purchase necessary
No warranty card registration required

*Replacement product will be of equal or greater value. The GPO, USA Spectacular Lifetime Warranty™ does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage, or cosmetic damage that is the result of neglect or intentional misuse."

thank you for this clarification
best regards rashid

Lee,

Appreciate the fine review with your descriptive detailed field performances of the GPO 8X42HD. Now, another fine instrument as a choice to consider!

Quick question Lee. You acknowledge the focuser as smooth (nice), fast (great for birding) and accurate (always imperative). How would you rate the adjustment tension\resistance, say as compared to the SF?

Ted

Hi Ted
Thanks for dropping by. Don't forget I have only tried this one example. The SFs I have tried are a little more free-turning and just as smooth. The GPO has equal tension in each direction and has a nice feel to it.

Lee

Mike:

Welcome back to the Birdforum. I missed you when you left Zeiss.

You were a great resource back then, and I wish you good luck with
the new venture.

I do have to ask about the binocular name, "Passion".

Where did that come from?

Jerry

Mike:

Welcome back to the Birdforum. I missed you when you left Zeiss.

You were a great resource back then, and I wish you good luck with
the new venture.

I do have to ask about the binocular name, "Passion".

Where did that come from?

Jerry

Jerry, good to hear from you. Richard Schmidt, Owner of the GPO brand, former CEO of Zeiss Global, registered PASSION early in the development stage of GPO, long before my involvement. The name has been around to outdoor world for a long time, nobody had used it on an optics product line. Hope all is well and winter is coming to and end for you.

Hello Troubador!

Have you compared these bins against your Zeiss Ht? Would be interesting to hear what you think.
Would be nice to hear a Gpo Passion Hd vs Zeiss Ht comparison.

Thanks

Hello Troubador!

Have you compared these bins against your Zeiss Ht? Would be interesting to hear what you think.
Would be nice to hear a Gpo Passion Hd vs Zeiss Ht comparison.

Thanks

Hello Racuuna and Hello CJ

Busy today and the day started foggy but it has cleared up and I took a few spare minutes to compare the two. I would say that the HT has a touch more red but the GPO has a bit more blue while greens and yellows are the same. But just talking about the colour comparison doesn't convey the HTs bright transparancy of view which the GPO doesn't achieve, but then they aren't the same price with the HT coming in about 900 Euros more.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back