• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trouble viewing images (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Some of you may know I've had problems with my laptop since a Windows update. I can't access my pictures on the hard drive at the moment, but hoping they can recovered.

I do have some backed up on a Flash Drive which worked fine last night but today, this is what I'm faced with
1630236006488.png

Even worse on Faststone, as it won't even open a folder

I can show the thumbnails in a folder in the style I want:
BF Thumbnails.png

But I seem to have to do it for every folder, instead of it carrying over to every one.

All those images should have the name of the bird and the file number.

Last night I set the system that when I double-click on a picture it would open in Pain.net, but today it's opening in the Windows Picture viewer.

Paint.net isn't displaying properly either, though it was last night..

If anyone can help with any of this (Faststone is how I like to do a quick browse to sort the images, delete unwanted and decide on what I want to upload to my Gallery. Also I like it for straightening horizons (best programme I've found for that.)

But this is what I'm faced with:

BF Faststone3.jpg

I know I probably need to re-boot, but if anyone can give me any pointers before I do so I'd be truly grateful.

Err... Why would you hesitate before rebooting? It's the first thing to try for any unfathomable problem, and only takes a few minutes - with no downsides. No?

'Cos I've been off-line that long I really am trying to sort this thing out, there's other hiccups and some tidying up to do. And I'm in the middle of restoring some things and settings

I can't understand why it was working OK last night and not this morning.

Hate computers!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back