• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Trying to ID bird call-Greater London (1 Viewer)

Emi

England
A couple of days ago a bird the size of a thrush and light in colour flew low over my garden, it had a 2 note call that sounded like " chook chook " it wasn't high pitched or coarse like a crow. Three of us have spent ages trawling the internet for bird calls and nothing sounds remotely like it, any ideas please :)

Emi

England
Who would of thought it was something so simple 😂 Thanks guys you saved my sanity.

Attachments

• light brown female blackbird.JPG
    light brown female blackbird.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 21

pianoman

duck and diver, bobolink and weaver
I wonder could that be a partially leucistic male, because of the yellow bill? Or is that just a consequence of the overall lightness

Users who are viewing this thread