• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TSN-99A Stay-on Cover (1 Viewer)

curtA2

Hey. I got a 99-A used. I've never used an angled scope, but for stars, grandkids, as well as digiscoping I went for it. Still have my 883 anyway. But I was quite disappointed they didn't make an old-style cover that would protect it in the back of the car, etc. So I got an 884 cover and have been cutting, sewing, etc trying to make it work, which it will for awhile. But, has anyone found a solution that actually fits? Thanks

This may be an option

This may be an option

You guys in the UK get all the cool stuff! I'm ordering this now. Thanks

It looks very similar to the 883 Kowa stay on case, and crucially, covers the whole scope body. I too am not a fan of the neoprene cases. Hope that Ace one works for you!

Reviving this just to ask how you are liking the 99a compared to the 883?
The scope is great, near perfect. I love the extra light. I really like the 40x wide angle. I’m not convinced I can id birds better with the 40x, especially in low light, but it is an absolute pleasure scanning and general birding. I often carry my zoom, thinking I’ll switch over to compare, but I never do. The scope is a bit heavier. It was recommended I get a manfrotto head ( my old head is a lightweight Swarovski). I don’t like the new head, so I’m going to go back and see how the little Swaro head does. All that said, I have a lightweight carbon fiber tripod that works just fine with the angled scope. It seems like it might be a bit light if I had to extend it for a 99s. I held onto my 88mm straight body, but I think I’m ready to sell it.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back