• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Two problematic flycatcher IDs (1 Viewer)

rdavis

rdavis
The two flycatchers whose photos are attached to this message were atop trees alongside the Sucusari River near ExplorNapo Lodge in the Napo River drainage of the Amazon basin in northeastern Peru in late March 2013. My tentative ID's are Amazonian Scrub-Flycatcher for the bird with the yellow wash on breast and belly, and Crowned Slaty Flycatcher for the brownish bird with grey breast and belly. Any help I can get to confirm the ID's or to offer alternative IDs wouild be appreciated. HELP!
RonDavis (user ID rdavis)

Attachments

• Flycatcher, cf. Crowned Slaty 3161.jpg
    Flycatcher, cf. Crowned Slaty 3161.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 52
  • cf. Amazonian Scrub-Flycatcher smaller file 3040.jpg
    cf. Amazonian Scrub-Flycatcher smaller file 3040.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 47

rdavis

rdavis
Hi Andy:
Thanks for your confirmation of Crowned Slaty Flycatcher ID.
Have you had a chance to check out #2 (possibly Amazonian Scrub-Flycatcher)? (Yes, I know it's a lousy photo).
Best regards,
Ron Davis (user ID rdavis)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread