• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two questions- (1 Viewer)

Hey!
I'm new to digiscoping, so I was wondering if you all could help me with something. o:)
Two questions-

#1 How do I begin?

#2 Which would be the best camera/lenses to use?

Thanks!
AS :eat::t:

Hey!
I'm new to digiscoping, so I was wondering if you all could help me with something. o:)
Two questions-

#1 How do I begin?

#2 Which would be the best camera/lenses to use?

Thanks!
AS :eat::t:

You are asking at a good time for the technology as the learning curve is very short these days with some very good options around. The biggest investment is going to be the scope so buy a named brand and spend more than you think you need to. You won't regret it in the long term as you could have it for 20 years or more. Many people are using a Micro Four Thirds camera on their scope or the Sony Nex type. Smaller digicams e.g. Sony RX 100 series or even an iPhone can also be used successfully with the appropriate adapter.
The best cameras at the moment ( i.e. latest) are the Panasonic GX8 or Sony ILCE 6300. I like to used them with the Sigma 30/2.8 lens which has internal focussing and is very sharp.
You can use the manufacturers adapter or from a third party e.g. Digidapter.
If you have more questions you will find a lot of good experience from the guys on this forum.
Welcome to the world of Digiscoping.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back