• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uganda birding (1 Viewer)

Mark:-)

Thinking of doing a trip to Uganda in August for a couple of weeks. Any recommendations for local tour operators doing guided trips for individuals/small groups?

Will be looking at visiting most of the major sites and gorilla tracking, if possible.

There were plenty of local outfits in Kampala when I went. I cant remember the name of the one I used, something boring like Uganda Safaris.

Make sure you get a birding guide for a day for Bwindi NP (where the apes are). I didnt see much on the gorilla trek itself - too busy crashing through undergrowth - but the place was heaving with jungle species.

I found the name of the one we used. It was
African Pearl Safaris [mailto:[email protected]]
Some bloke called Ben ran it.
They were fine. Not particularly cheap, but everything was as they said it would be, including the gorilla permits (most importantly). And the land rover didnt break down.

Locations: try the swamps out at Entebbe (near Kampala) for Shoebill. Kabale Forest and Semliki are brilliant for endemics.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back