• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ultravid 10x25 BR. My first alpha class pocketable binocular. (1 Viewer)

Nice fix for that binocular. Problem is, the little 25mm Opticron barely has enough grip/tension to hang on to the 20mm Leica. Taking away more surface area will render it useless.

I completely forgot about the experiment pictured below. While overkill for most people and uses, if someone needs or wants objective covers for the UV 8x20, I sometimes use the small Vortex flip up scope covers. They stay on well but are easy to remove. They effectively lengthen the barrels to provide additional protection to the lenses even when actually glassing. They are stretchy enough to fit 20 to 22 mm models.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    773.6 KB · Views: 40
After a few weeks of ownership, I am happy to report that these are well worth the price. They go everywhere with me, and the views are spectacular for something this small, and for binos in general. They are even surprisingly good at stargazing.

Maybe the 10x25's lenses are set deeper in the barrel than the 8x20's? Dunno. Or maybe you haven't used them enough to know how the'll react over time in the field? I didn't think mine were touching either until over time the little raised numbers "31086" left a clear and visible ghost image on each lens.

View attachment 1471975
Could you give a link, brand, part number, etc. for these ?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back