• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Unidentified Bird Call - Woodland South-East England (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,

Whilst down at my vegetable patch at the bottom of my garden which backs onto a stretch of woodland that goes back a couple of miles (very dense bluebell, broadleaf trees), I heard this very strange bird call that sounds like nothing I've ever heard before, I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify it as it was very unordinary and I've never heard it before, it was recorded at 21:06, just as it was starting to get dark (been a rainy and cloudy day).

Thanks in advance, Jake
View attachment Unidentified Bird Call.mp3

mummymonkey

Supporter
United Kingdom
I always struggle to hear these recordings (old age and tinnitus) but I think I can make out a song thrush there.

THE_FERN

Yes song thrush. Note they repeat phrases. Also often sing at day end, sometimes when quite dark and frequently very loudly.

I always struggle to hear these recordings (old age and tinnitus) but I think I can make out a song thrush there.
Yes song thrush. Note they repeat phrases. Also often sing at day end, sometimes when quite dark and frequently very loudly.
Thank you all for the reply, after listening to a song thrush on the internet I think you're right.
Apologies for how quiet the audio is, if you're interested I've attached an amplified version.
View attachment Amplified Unidentified Bird Call.mp3

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread