• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Unidentified bird (1 Viewer)

Bowie123

United Kingdom
Can anybody please identify these birds, thank you

Attachments

• B60B5A1F-0646-480F-9E42-2BA893195162.jpeg
    B60B5A1F-0646-480F-9E42-2BA893195162.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 135

Andy Adcock

England
I'll neve forget the firs ones I saw, on the river, almost directly outside the railway station in Matlock, Derbys, I was so excited at the time.

rkj

You do not say where the birds were seen. If it was west of the Atlantic the birds are known as Common Mergansers.

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
You do not say where the birds were seen. If it was west of the Atlantic the birds are known as Common Mergansers.
I think it is a reasonable assumption they were seen in the Country of the OP’s origin. That is usually the case unless OP has stated otherwise - especially if it is a very common species.

You are quite right though, Common Mergansers they would be otherwise. It is very helpful to have date and location but new members can be given much latitude 🙂

Bowie123

United Kingdom
I think it is a reasonable assumption they were seen in the Country of the OP’s origin. That is usually the case unless OP has stated otherwise - especially if it is a very common species.

You are quite right though, Common Mergansers they would be otherwise. It is very helpful to have date and location but new members can be given much latitude 🙂
Manchester England

Users who are viewing this thread