• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Universal Adapter for Celestron Ultima 80 - Baader? (1 Viewer)

bongofury

I would like to get into digiscoping and am not sure where to start. I don't want to spend a lot, as my existing equipment is quite basic, but is enough for where I am at present. I have a Celestron Ultima 80-45 scope with a 20-60x zoom eyepiece and a Samsung P1000 compact camera. Note that this camera is a simple point and click with no option for additional lenses.

I have had a quick go at holding the camera to the scope and have taken a few shots with reasonable results. In terms of a bracket, this is where I'm coming to difficulty in finding a specific one, but the Baader universal looks as though it might do the job. This also has a swing arm, so would make life a lot easier out in the field.

Can anyone confirm this will fit everything I have, or suggest an alternative? Thanks in advance.

MPeoples

I would like to get into digiscoping and am not sure where to start. I don't want to spend a lot, as my existing equipment is quite basic, but is enough for where I am at present. I have a Celestron Ultima 80-45 scope with a 20-60x zoom eyepiece and a Samsung P1000 compact camera. Note that this camera is a simple point and click with no option for additional lenses.

I have had a quick go at holding the camera to the scope and have taken a few shots with reasonable results. In terms of a bracket, this is where I'm coming to difficulty in finding a specific one, but the Baader universal looks as though it might do the job. This also has a swing arm, so would make life a lot easier out in the field.

Can anyone confirm this will fit everything I have, or suggest an alternative? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Here is one from Celestron http://www.celestron.com/portal/celestron-digital-camera-adapter-universal.html

Best
Mike Adorama

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread